What am I doing now? I am the Busy Beaver.
Somehow I have surrounded myself with a lot of great people doing really great things and I want to make sure you know about them.
1. I just became the President of Forma. This is a great network of over 400 Christian Formation leaders doing great things. One of those great things they are doing, brings me to the second big thing I am doing.
2. The Faith Formation Academy is Forma’s way to train and certify Christian Formation leaders. Besides being the webmaster for the site, I am also one of the four teachers of the Certificate in Family and Youth Ministry.
3. I am once again on the Eformation Design team. This is a great conference where Technology and Christian Formation collide. the conference this year is June 2nd-4th at Virginia Theological Seminary.
4. I am on the Social media team for the Episcopal Youth Event 2014 in Philadelphia. There were times that I thought about saying “No” to this, but it is just so good that I want to be a part of it.
5. I am one of the four Easter People in the Easter People Podcasts. This is an amazingly fun podcasts about culture, faith and hopeful moments. If no one listened to it, then it still would be one of my favorite times of the month… That being said, I’d love for you to listen to it and tell me what you think.
6. Finally, I am once again working on Videosforyoursoul.com and look forward to launching this daily devotional series starting in lent and going through Easter.
However, with all that going I am most excited about Feb. 14th. That is the night my wife will be ordained to the Priesthood. It has been a long time coming, but I am so overjoyed that she will be able to live out her life in the Church like I always knew she would.
Of course this means I am becoming a Priest’s spouse. Growing up in a different tradition that was a position held for older women in floral patterned dresses. I never have looked good in floral patterns.
Don’t worry I can make a great plate of deviled eggs so I should be okay.
How am I pulling all of this off? It is simple, I am surrounded by great people in these efforts. If we learn anything from the Lord of the Rings it’s that if you put good people together, great things will happen.